Sunday, June 13, 2004

Stargate, it's a great big world...

...with a great big swirl
and you step inside to another world.

Stargate, it's a crazy trip.
You can go real far and
you don't need a car or even a ship.

Sorry, I've been watching the 5 Days Till Midnight miniseries and there have been mad crazy commercials for the new Stargate: Atlantis show premiering next month. Betcha' didn't know the Stargate theme song had words :)

Well, another week has gone by and my love affair with Netflix continues. Only got to see a few movies this week, this whole Reagan-death-thing delayed a few of my movies till Monday. But I did get to watch the first 3 discs of the second season of Buffy, and also The House of Sand and Fog (much better than the previews led me to believe), and Chasing Liberty (my first Mandy Moore movie, and crappy as hell). I also got Yojimbo today, but I saw it a few years ago and I already know it kicks ass. So I'll give that and THoSaF Pauly's Seal of Approval, while CL is only for hardcore Mandy lovers.

David - First off, thanks for the gmail, I have a feeling it's going to rock my world. I guess this means your little experiment with this here blog worked out. Secondly, good post about the poker tournament, though hotlinking > pwnz joo (to use hip intraweb message board lingo). Lastly, you better bring your A game with Tetris when you make it back to the States, cause Willy and I have started playing again and I'm getting tired of consistently making him look silly. We won't even get into what happened when Gordon tried to go up against the two of us...

David and Nish - I knew you guys were gonna say that. And to a certain extent, you're right. Although that explanation seems to require the belief in fate, and since I happen to lack that particular quality...But no worries, I'm ok with it now, I basically just wigged out for the day. Although I did have to send her an apology email, since I pretty much blew up at her when she told me.

Ok, that's all I got. Looks like it's gonna be another lonely Saturday night with nothing but the boys from ultimatebet to keep me company.

4 Comments:

At June 13, 2004 at 6:02 PM, Blogger robogal said...

hotlinking > pwnz joo? wtf?

Update: Friday night's no limit tourney found me finishing 6th(!), winning £130. I went out on a pair of 10s against an 8-3 off. I raised pre-flop, and the guy fucking called me with 8-3. Of course the flop comes 8-3-5. Fucker. Anyway, today I did another one, and had the worst run of cards I can remember in a long time. Lost £20 (I re-bought once). It happens.

 
At June 13, 2004 at 6:58 PM, Blogger Pauly said...

Sorry, in intraweb speak that means you suck at hotlinking. ("hotlinking owns you" is the literal translation)

 
At June 14, 2004 at 12:32 AM, Blogger robogal said...

Hey thanks. Couldn't you have just said, 'the link didn't work'?

 
At June 14, 2004 at 12:36 AM, Blogger Pauly said...

Because I'm desperately trying to seem cool in these, the autumn years.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home