Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Oh are they?

→Yes it's Bloomsday today the hundredth anniversary even but here I am sitting at home watching the footy like everyone else in this country spain and greece drew and portugal ran all over russia I found it something disappointing that nothing is going on in London to commemorate this blessed occasion except some pub up in Highgate that's having a reading but it's a couple of Irish writers whom I suspect are just reading their own work not even declaiming the true and monumental Ulysses I guess I should have gone up to Dublin where of course the real celebration is taking place with a big breakfast of kidney and guiness flowing like the liffey down the gullets of hundreds and hundreds of sun starved nearsighted ginger bookworms as they tramp all over the loved and hated hometown of mister Jimmy Joyce Yes •

→Happy Birthday Willy! I'm glad to hear you had some semblance of a good time after the horrible story of Ned and Ved. I wish I could have been there. I'd like also to extend some hearty birtday wishes out to Brian Dietz, Brian McIntyre, and Matt Wood, wherever you are.

→I bought me some draw-string trousers yesterday, and I'm not sure how I feel about them. They sorta look like O.R. scrubs (also known as a "busta").

→It figures. After coveting a gmail account with all my covetousness for months, I get one, only to have two invitations that no one seems to want. On top of that, blogger has finally deigned to offer me an invite. A lot of help that is now. Maybe I'll mosey on over to gmail swap to see what I can get.

→A recipe for Chinese roast pork!

→Welcome Gordon! Nice to have you aboard. But if you keep hitting that "reply all" button, I'm going to shove a sausage down your throat and stick starving dogs in your butt. Then I'm gonna use your tongue to paint my boat.

→Gooblar tour dates just announced:
June 23rd-July 10: playing all over Jersey and NYC
(venues to be announced; June 28th-July 10th with opening band Katarina Perovic)

1 Comments:

At June 16, 2004 at 11:11 PM, Blogger robogal said...

Also birthday wishes. Happy birtday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home