Monday, May 17, 2004

Affleck, you the bomb in Phantoms yo!!

Well, it was a very Kevin Smith weekend. I don't know why, but I was bored on Friday (I didn't have to work because the lady that we getting the installation had a flood in her living room) so I watched the Mallrats commentary. Well, after that it was off to the races and I watched the Chasing Amy and Dogma commentaries as well. Man, I hadn't seen Dogma in years, I barely remembered what happened.

I am that special kind of dork that will watch a commentary more often than the actual film.

So Beth and Takasihi's wedding. I'd let Willy fill you guys in since he was more in "the know" than I was, but with all he's got going on I doubt he'll have time in the near future.

The ceremony was very nice, albeit short. I was doing the video for the wedding and I started the camera when the official processional began and cut it when everyone started filing out. Total time: 42 minutes. Leave it to the protestants to cut all the ceremony out of a wedding ceremony :) It was at Sparta Presbyterian, so it was nice and close, and an old family friend who later became a minister performed the ceremony.

Then it was on to LMCC for the reception. There was a very nice setup there, although with the pictures and everything we ended up having 2 hours to kill before the groom was announced. So around 7:45 the actual reception proper started (wedding was at 4) and there was a lot going on. Tak had two best men (his best friend and his brother) so there were 2 toasts, and then Tak's niece and family (her husband is an indian chief) performed a ceremonial song that was very cool. The only reason I bitch about the length is because I know have to edit an hour and 40 minutes of tape down to about 35 minutes. Fun fun. After that we got the usual dinner/dancing routine that everyone loves about a wedding.

Now, a personal note. I know all of you have girlfriends, so this doesn't really apply, but let me just tell you how much it sucks to go to a wedding by yourself. Thank god I had the video to do, or I would have killed myself (although I did get a lot of strange comments when I sat down to dinner. "Aren't you the videographer" and things of that nature), but it was still kinda rough. Luckily Tom Palmiere and his date were very gracious and entertained me all night, so I had someone to talk to. Maybe this is just me bitching about being single, but it sucks, so I bitch.

Other than that my weekend was pretty slow. I mean, the wedding tied me up all day on Saturday, but I didn't do too much today except help my parents spread 15 yards of mulch. And if that doesn't sound like a lot, I'll tell you that the pile was roughly the same size as a Geo Metro. So yeah, it took a while. Alright, that's about all I got, so I'm off to watch the season finale of Charmed on the TiVo....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home