Wednesday, May 12, 2004

1. Cry Baby Cry
2. Sexy Sadie
3. Martha My Dear
4. I’m So Tired
5. Happiness is a Warm Gun
6. Yer Blues
7. Helter Skelter
8. Rocky Racoon
9. Long Long Long
10. I will
11. Julia
12. Revolution 1
13. Blackbird
14. Don’t Pass Me By

So I listened to the album a couple of times and here is my line up. Seven Johns, five Pauls, one George, and one (grudgingly...) Ringo. I haven't figured out the total time.

I went with a pretty conventional arc, starting slow, building up to Helter Skelter, and then resolving quietly, with Ringo tacked on at the end only to satisy the Ringo quota. It's a quiet one, but this could be due to the fact that I really don't like Birthday, Monkey, USSR, Ob-la-di, While My Guitar all that much compared to these (doesn't mean they're bad songs: I'll take them any day over most things). Needless to say, I like the ballads, with the exception of nasal Ringo (Don't Pass Me By over the creepy lullaby any day.) And Long Long Long, if recorded properly and loud enough...it's a really good song. Also, this version of Revolution is kind of quaint, but it's Revolution!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home