Saturday, November 13, 2004

Why is this so uncomfortable?

The most discomfiting song, I've recently (re)encountered.

[Note: Due to my general incompetence, you might have to right click, copy the link location, and paste the address in your browser.]

Partly, yes, it's because it's a terrible song. It might just be me, idiosyncratic: the music actually instantly transports me to the back seat of my parents car, I can see the creepy sepia tone sunshine of memories and hear the Lite FM. But that recurring piano phrase is eerie too (kinda catchy though), and so are the tingling chimes. What's more, it may or not be about preying on a younger girl...

5 Comments:

At November 14, 2004 at 10:18 PM, Blogger lalista said...

yohei i can't access the link

 
At November 14, 2004 at 10:20 PM, Blogger lalista said...

oh wait i got it. i totally know this song. it reminds me of the dentist's office, the kind always playing on the local lite radio station over the speakers in the waiting room. it's so horrible.

 
At November 15, 2004 at 3:59 AM, Blogger Cimazuzutokustaff said...

I agree that it's a terrible song. But I find it interesting. I sort of wish I didn't.

 
At November 15, 2004 at 9:06 PM, Blogger lalista said...

shit, man, i know what you mean. i found myself humming it earlier today. there's something odd and a bit frightening about the way it gets both under your skin and stuck in your head. bleh.

 
At November 16, 2004 at 10:51 AM, Blogger robogal said...

Goddammit Yohei!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home