Thursday, May 20, 2004

So I says to Mabel I says...

So it occurs to me that I don't really have much to post about, but since I haven't posted in a few days, I figure what the hell...

First off, going way back, Yohei, I thought about what you said concerning republicans and some issues being "too big" to stick to underlying party lines. All I can say in response is it's easy to stick by your principles when nothing is at stake. What value do they have if some things are "too important" for them?

Secondly, let me just say that iTunes rocks. You know why? Because every week there is a new single available for free on the iTunes music store. I missed the second week, but so far all the rest have been good songs. Definitely worth checking out at least.

Other than that, the only thing I have to report is that I finally got to go back to a ballplayers apartment. I was back in Matsui's yesterday, installing a surround sound system and a stand for his tv and audio/video stuff. He obviously wasn't there, (what with the road trip and all) but it was still cool to poke around. The plasma tv stand he got (which must have weighed 100 pounds) was from a great company call Bell'O. They're Italian and make the best a/v stands there are. In case you're curious here's what you get to compliment a $20,000 television. Since the stand basically uses a clamp system to secure the tv, I was more than a little nervous when I first clamped it in. Visions of years of post-crash indentured servitude were flashing before my eyes. But luckily everything worked out, and Matsui now has the kick ass-est (I know it's not a word, I don't care) system I've ever seen. Hell of a job I have.

Want to hear the real crime of all this? $20,000 television, $1500 stand, $800 surround sound system, and it's all hooked together with the cheap-ass RCA cables that they come with. No progressive scan from the DVD player, no Dolby Digital from the digital cable, nothing. In fact, the cable box is hooked into the tv with a regular coax cable! I wanted to cry. I know Matsui probably doesn't care (or even know the difference) but I'm still pushing to get the good cables in there just on principle. C'mon, you've already spent over $22,000 on a home theater, spend the extra $40 on the cables!!

I know, I'm a snob, but I don't care. I hate wasted potential in a movie watching experience.

I'm outtie, Sweet, have a good trip. And Dave, I don't know about anyone else, but I don't like this template, there must be a better one?

3 Comments:

At May 21, 2004 at 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paul, surely you're mistaken. I wrote no such thing about big issues or small issues. Or anything about underlying party lines or underpants or panty lines. But I commend your decision to disagree, since voices of are always important -- it's just that I think you've got the wrong man. Anyway none of this is important.

 
At May 21, 2004 at 9:27 PM, Blogger Cimazuzutokustaff said...

Paul, surely you're mistaken. I wrote no such thing about big issues or small issues. Or anything about underlying party lines or underpants or panty lines. But I commend your decision to disagree, since voices of dissent are always important -- it's just that I think you've got the wrong man. Anyway none of this is important.

 
At May 22, 2004 at 7:03 AM, Blogger Pauly said...

Well, I guess it's just the way that you worded it, that certain issues get certain kinds of support and whatnot. I may have jumped a step or two in logic to get where I did. Sorry if I put words in your mouth.

PS - Jordan Capri too young for you? Man, I don't know how old you like them, but Jordan is at least 21 (I have pictures with a 2001 date on them, and since you must be at least 18 to pose naked...). Granted, Hilary Duff is pretty young, only 16, but she got the nod anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home