Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Brothers apart are still brothers.

Gooblar - Let's Go Away For a While

This is not the type of song I've been trying to write. In fact, I'm not quite sure I'd like to write another song like it. But here it is. I've had this chorus kicking around for literally five years, and one morning last month, came up with the verse melody and most of the words in the shower. Wonderful, these gifts of the brain.

Yes, the Pet Sounds reference is intentional.

Thoughts, etc., as before.

2 Comments:

At April 7, 2005 at 1:18 AM, Blogger Cimazuzutokustaff said...

Reminds me of solo Lennon a lot (high high compliment) in many ways, including the voice in the void -- finishing after the guitar drops out ('your face').

 
At April 8, 2005 at 6:11 AM, Blogger Cimazuzutokustaff said...

Weird. I actually thought of Love too, and also, Real Love. Either spring is in the air, or I'm misinterpreting what is a sadder, elegiac song (which it seems to be too).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home