Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Terror! Humidity! Allergies!

Oof...I'm sick and miserable. Thanks to WebMD I was happily able to rule out pneumonia, my incorrect self-diagnosis. Even better, this is the first time I went to that site and didn't leave feeling like every symptom of every illness applied to me -- the "Merck Manual" syndrome. Moving apartments and the dustiness of the process has left me feeling allergic and tired. Too tired for this old body.

Antihistamines racing through my blood and motivation at an all time low, I'm slowly picking away at my summer project of learning to read German -- a language where 'sie' can either mean the pronoun "she", "you" (singular or plural), or "they". Why?

Also, an unrelated question from me, semi-retarded: do I need to buy a card of some sort for my laptop to be able to plug into an ethernet connection? Or can I just buy a cable. A second question from the semi-retarded: how do I know what wi-fi card I need? Should I just order it from the manufacturer's catalog that came with my computer or can I just go to some store and get any generic one? Anybody? (Please try to be sparing with the disdainful comments about my "how to boil water" questions...)


1 Comments:

At August 4, 2004 at 1:10 PM, Blogger robogal said...

As for the ethernet card, I think this is what you do:

1) Look on the side of your computer for an input in which an ethernet cable would fit.

2)If you find it, you should be able to just plug the internet into that. If not, you're gonna need to buy a card.

I'm sick too. For like a week now. And it's finally, actually summer outside. Sucks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home